The lime is a small citrus fruit, like a small orange, with skin and flesh that are green in color.
It is round with a diameter of about one to two inches. Most limes are sourish and have an acidic taste, but when consumed is really alkaline.
The health benefits of lime include weight loss, skin care, improved digestion, relief from constipation, eye care, and treatment of scurvy, piles, peptic ulcer, respiratory disorders, gout, gums, urinary disorders, etc..
HEALTH BENEFITS OF LIMES:
Limes and lemons contain outstanding phytochemicals that are high in anti-oxidant and anti-cancer properties. They are potent detoxifiers with anti-biotic effect that is protective against bacterial poisoning.
- Asthma: Take a tablespoon of lemon juice at least one hour before each meal to relieve asthma.
- Burning soles/feet: Rub a sliced lemon over the burning sole/foot/heel to relieve from pain and for toxin elimination through the pores of the feet.
- Cholera: The potent anti-viral properties in lime/lemon can kill cholera bacilli within a very short period of time. Drink one part juice and one part water regularly, especially during an epidemic.
- Cold: The anti-viral properties in lime/lemon fight infections and halt the progress of a cold. Take the juice of two lemons in half a liter of hot water and add raw honey to taste. Sip it slowly before bedtime.
- Constipation: Drink a glass of warm water every morning with some lime/lemon juice with raw honey. Stir in a pinch of cinnamon powder. This will help your body to detoxify and relieve constipation.
- Digestion: Lime/lemon juice have amazing digestive qualities that are very similar to our digestive enzymes. Thus it is effectively helps with digestion and relieve bloating and belching.
- Feet, tired: After a long day on your feet, soak your feet in very warm water containing lime/lemon juice to enjoy the cooling, astringent feeling. This will also help promote deep sleep due to the relaxing action on the foot nerves.
- Gums, swollen: Drink a glass of diluted fresh lime juice with a pinch of sea salt to relieve the pain of swollen gums. Use the albedo (the white matter under the peel) from the squeezed lime and rub on the gums.